Story Slam Social Night and Awards
$15.00 – $20.00
5pm arrival for 6pm start
Pig and Whistle Tavern
365 Purves Rd, Main Ridge
Pizza dinner – dietary considerations catered for (please email all dietary considerations to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Purchase your own drinks at bar prices
$15 members (Members login to book)
Our inaugural Story Slam open-mic storytelling night is the writer's social night of the year.
Throw your name in the hat to share a tall story, true story, or tug-at-the-heart-strings story original piece of writing and personal storytelling.
It's non-fiction work shared with story-loving friends and written to a theme.
Held in The Shed at Pig and Whistle Tavern for a perfect story-sharing vibe with gourmet pizza food truck catering provided in your ticket entry.
Come and share a story or come and enjoy the words of others - participation is not essential but we will ask after your booking if you intend to put your name into the hat.
This Story Slam's story theme is DESTINATION!
- Story Slam is all about adding the writer's voice to stories you've lived and loved.
- Your story simply needs to be a real story written to our theme but can be as embellished as you'd like.
- If your name is called out of the hat you have 5 minutes on stage to read your piece.
- Winners and highly commended will be voted for and awarded on the night.
- It's fun, it's fast and it's a fabulous way to connect with other writers and enjoy the art of storytelling.
This event has been made possible thanks to funding from the Mornington Peninsula Shire Creative Community Grant.